I know, Christmas is over. Bear with me… I started this 12-day series and I’m determined to finish it. So… On this 11th day of Christmas I am going to show you how to hang a wreath in your window. And hey, maybe you’re going to hang Valentine’s Day wreaths??? You never know.
How to Hang a Christmas Wreath in a Window:
- Loop a wide ribbon around the wreath.
- Tie the two ends of the ribbon in a knot. (My ribbon is 7 feet long, 5 ft outside, 2 ft inside)
- Open the top window (assuming you have double hung windows) and shove the wreath outside. Be sure to HOLD ON TO THE RIBBON!
- Adjust the ribbon and wreath to your liking and then push the window closed, right on the ribbon. Be sure to to keep the knot on the INSIDE of the window.
- (Optional) Attach lights to the wreath (before shoving it out the window). If necessary, attached to a small extension cord, then pull in from the bottom half of the window. I am able to close and LOCK both windows even with the ribbon and extension cord coming through.
I use this same setup every year and it’s so easy to put up and take down. Yes, I know I need to replace the bows. These have served me for at least 6 Christmases (I know because I used to put these wreaths in the windows at our old house.) Next year I’ll replace the ribbons and bows. Probably. If I get around to it.
Only one day left! And then I’ll get back to my regularly scheduled blogging. 🙂
See all my other 12 Days of Christmas Posts!