This Minion craft post originally appeared as part of the Crafty Camping Weekend post, but it has become so popular it now has a post of its very own. Yay!
If you read the other post, you’d know that I took my 6-year-old Daisy Girl Scouts camping a few years back and we made a ton of SWAPS. We were crafting for hours! Because we were going to be making multiple crafts, they each needed to be simple. This minion craft is definitely simple.
How to Make Minion SWAPS
- tinsel pom poms (I bought these and picked out the yellow and purple, will save the others for another craft)
- black chenille stems (aka pipe cleaners for those of us who used to sit Indian style)
- googly eyes
- glue dots (if you’ve never tried glue dots, you have not lived!)
- safety pins
*Amazon affiliate links included for your convenience*
- Pre-cut chenille stems in thirds
- Wrap chenille stem around pom pom and twist together in back and cut off excess
- Use glue dots to add one or two googly eyes to the goggle strap
- Attach safety pin to pom pom (or alternatively you can attach pin to excess chenille stem instead of cutting it off)
My daughter attached hers to her bookbag because she wanted to hangout with it all the time. I don’t think a single Minion was ever SWAPed with anyone else. 🙂
You never know when you’ll need a minion craft, so you better just pin this one right now.